The studio said goodbye to our beloved Connie last week, she's spread her wings and has gone to make her fame and fortune in the UK and Europe. We'll miss her dearly and hope she does really well. We had a studio dinner party to say farewell. On the menu were some yummy tartlets. This is an Orchard studio collaborative recipe that tasted delicious.
- 1 red capsicum, seeds removed
- handful of mushrooms
- 1 large zucchini (or 2 small)
- 1 red onion
- 1/2 small butternut squash, peeled
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 100ml olive oil
- salt and pepper
- shortcrust pastry
- 350g feta or goats cheese
- basil or rosemary to garnish
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Grease 4 small pie or quiche tins
- Cut all the vegetables into 2cm pieces.
- In a bowl combine the vegetables, garlic and olive oil, toss so everything is coated.
- Pour the vegetables into a baking tray and spread evenly.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until vegetables are cooked through, set aside.
- Roll the pastry onto a floured surface, line the greased tins with pastry, then blind bake by lining the pasty with baking paper or foil and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- Cut the feta into 2cm cubes.
- Fill pre-baked tartlets with veggie and feta cubes and place in oven for 5 minutes, warm through.
- Garnish with basil or rosemary if desired.
- I really like adding a drizzle of balsamic vinegar to my tart.
The above image was styled by the talented Wendy Berecry.